Xarelto has caused life threatening side-effects in some patients that have led to serious medical emergencies.
Xarelto has been linked to serious and potentially fatal side effects, such as spinal cord hematoma, bleeding in the eye, intracranial hemorrhaging, and internal bleeding. In order to receive the just compensation you deserve, it is important to learn about Xarelto side effects and the personal injury attorneys who are fighting to win lawsuits against the pharmaceutical manufacturers who produce Xarelto.
Are consumers still filing and winning Xarelto Lawsuits?
More than 15,600 lawsuits have been filed against the manufacturers of Xarelto by patients and their loved ones seeking compensation for the often-irreparable damage that Xarelto side effects have caused.
In Xarelto lawsuits, the pharmaceutical companies who manufacture Xarelto argue that clinical trials published in 2011 deem Xarelto safe and effective to prescribe to patients. Additionally, the pharmaceutical companies cite that the Food and Drug Administration has approved and backed Xarelto, despite the fact that more recent clinical trials have shown Xarelto’s harmful side effects.
Have You or a Loved One Experienced Xarelto Side Effects?
Xarelto is a powerful blood thinner preventing production of thromboxane, a compound promoting blood vessel constriction and platelet aggregation. Extremely low levels of thromboxane in the bloodstream removes the ability of blood to form clots that are meant to stop bleeding. In some people, this lack of thromboxane caused life-threatening side effects such as:
- Bleeding in the eye: older people taking Xarelto reported bleeding between the eye lens and retina, a disorder called vitreous hemorrhage that could cause partial or complete blindness.
- Spinal cord hematoma: Xarelto use has been attributed to development of spinal cord hematoma, a serious medical emergency involving pooling of blood outside arteries and blood vessels surrounding the spinal cord. Spinal cord hematomas are known to cause neurological impairments and even paralysis.
- Intracranial hemorrhage: symptoms of bleeding in the brain include severe headaches, sudden weakness, seizures, and cognitive impairments.
- Gastrointestinal/internal bleeding: one of the most commonly reported of all Xarelto side effects, internal bleeding may cause hemorrhage, shock and death.
What are the Grounds For Filing Xarelto Lawsuits?
Class action Xarelto lawsuits began filling court dockets as defective product/personal injury attorneys claimed Johnson & Johnson continued manufacturing and selling Xarelto knowing their drug was causing severe and sometimes fatal side effects.
Personal injury attorneys continue to file lawsuits against the makers of Xarelto on the grounds that:
- Johnson & Johnson did not adequately warn consumers about possibly serious Xarelto side effects, specifically uncontrollable bleeding that cannot be reversed.
- Xarelto was knowingly sold containing a pharmaceutical design defect.
- Makers of Xarelto failed to offer an antidote/reversal agent to counteract sudden hemorrhage.
- Xarelto makers deliberately and fraudulently withheld knowledge of life threatening events caused by Xarelto that could not be reversed or stabilized.
- Xarelto manufacturers negligently represented their drug by advertising it as a blood thinner safer than other anticoagulants.
- Xarelto failed to offer benefits greater than existing blood thinner medications, specifically Warfarin.
Xarelto is still approved by the FDA and doctors are currently prescribing Xarelto to their patients. However, reports of severe Xarelto side effects continue to persist, resulting in Xarelto lawsuits being filed every day by attorneys who understand how to successfully litigate class action claims.
If you or someone you know has suffered serious medical emergencies due to taking Xarelto, contact the law firm of Nolan Caddell Reynolds today to learn how you can get the compensation you deserve for lost wages, medical bills and pain and suffering. Our associates, who also specialize in bankruptcy, Social Security, and disability, can be reached at 1-866-242-0452.